Volunteer Opportunities at Grace Village
Numerous opportunities exist at Grace Village for resident and community volunteers to make a difference in the life of our seniors by sharing their time, talents, interests and skills.
As a volunteer, you have the opportunity to enrich a life, promote interaction, provide comfort, build a meaningful relationship, and create and preserve memories our residents.
Our volunteers provide hundreds of hours of service each year. They often tell us that they have received more than they give.
A little of your time can make a lasting difference in the lives of Grace Village residents. Opportunities for service are listed below.
For more information, or a volunteer application, please contact:
Visit Grace Village on FACEBOOK to see picture of activities and events.
Healthcare or Assisted Living
- Wheelchair assistant-taking residents to chapel, beauty shop, activities or just walks outside
- Playing games with our residents They enjoy UNO, checkers, dominoes, euchre
- Nail Care assistant
- Deliver mail room to room
- One-on-one Visitor/Adopt a grandparent
- Entertainer; provide special music, play an instrument, lead a sing a long
- Filling up bird feeders with seed
- Writing letters for our residents especially around Holidays
- Special Events helper: assist with special parties, excursions, special activities
- Chaplain helper; assist with chapel services, music
- Art or craft projects; assist hands on with craft, prepare decorations, assemble sensory or reminisce kits
- Reader, Book Club; read stories, books, mail, devotions, or Bible to residents
- Cooking Club; assist once a month with cooking or baking project
- Speaker, Learning leader; provide special learning opportunity for small group by sharing an interest, craft, travelogue, collection that you have
- Exercise leader: lead small group in easy chair exercises
- Book cart: take a cart of reading materials room to room once a week
- Discussion Leader; lead a small group in discussion once a month of a chosen topic,ex:school days, fads of the 1940s, etc
- Bingo helper; set up, assist in bringing residents to Bingo, hand out prizes, clean up and assist residents back to their rooms
- Pet Visits
- Special Events
- Office helper; assist with filing, answer phones, direct visitors, deliver packages
- Gardening: assist with flower beds, weeding, container planters
- Mending, fold laundry