After a 3 midnight qualifying stay in the hospital, individuals having Medicare are qualified for up to a 100 day benefit period.
Medicare will pay for the first 20 days of your benefit in full (100%) and the remaining 80 have a nationwide Medicare co-pay amount (the amount Medicare will not pay) of $128/day, which most Medicare supplemental insurance plans cover (each person would have to call his own insurance carrier to verify benefits). Medicare supplemental insurance plans pay when Medicare pays and won’t pay when Medicare stops paying.
Residents will receive therapy 5 to 6 days a week.
Residents will receive up to 2-1/2 hours of therapy a day.
You will receive therapy according to what your physician orders. Most residents coming to our Rehab Center receive at least Physical and Occupational therapy.
Medicare allows UP TO a 100 day benefit period. Medicare (and any Medicare Supplemental insurance) will pay up to 100 days as long as an individual is making progress in therapy or is receiving some other skilled nursing service.
The average length of stay in our Rehab Center is between 4-6 weeks; however, it is your physician’s decision as to when you can be discharged.
Yes! Our therapy department would love to have you visit your loved one during a therapy session. This not only encourages your loved one, but also allows the therapists to get your input as well.
After your therapist has completed your initial evaluation, he will develop an individualized plan of care with specific goals. This plan of care is sent to your physician for his approval. Our facility will let your doctor know how well you are progressing toward your goals. More frequent updates will be sent to your physician upon his request. It is his decision as to when you are ready to be discharged.
The therapists will keep you, as well as your family, updated on your progress. The social worker will plan for your discharge the closer you get to achieving your therapy goals.
When you are close to your discharge date, a therapist will set-up a home evaluation. Your family member will take you to your home and the therapist will follow you there. The therapist will have a list of items that he will ask you to perform in order to make sure that you are safe to return home. The therapist may give some suggestions on things that need to be completed prior to you returning home (i.e. throw rugs being removed, grab bars in the shower, ramp going into your home, etc.).
There are several services available to you when you are discharged. Your social worker will discuss with you, and your family, the needs you have and arrange for services according to those needs. Some of the services available are: outpatient therapy at Grace Village, Home Health Care, Life Line, and Meals on Wheels.
If you have Medicare Part B, it will pay 80% of outpatient therapy charges. Most Medicare Supplemental insurance plans will cover the remaining 20%; however, each person would need to call his insurance carrier and verify benefits.
After you have an order from your physician for outpatient therapy, just call 574-372-6372 to schedule your first appointment.
You will need to bring the physician’s order for outpatient therapy and your insurance card(s) with you to your first appointment.
We suggest wearing anything comfortable which would allow you to have full movement of all of your extremities.
Each therapy session last approximately 1 hour.